The Precise-ITC 2.5G and lower rate (aka Sub-2.5G) GFP-F IP block performs G.7041 GFP processing on packet data at rates up to 2.5G/s. Typical applications include mapping Ethernet, MPLS or generic packet data into GFP-F frames for transmission over OTN or SONET/SDH.
The GFP-F IP encapsulates/decapsulates client data to/from Generic Framing Procedure (GFP-F) based on ITU G.7041 Rec. It is fully software configurable.
In the source direction, the GFP-F wrapper encapsulates the client data frame/packet with the ITU G.7041 GFP-F framing structure. The client data is sent to the GFP-F wrapper from the client input bus and GFP framed client data is then sent to the line-side.
In the sink direction, the GFP-F wrapper decapsulates ITU G.7041 GFP-F frames into client data.
Table 1. Typical clock rates required for some sample configurations/applications:
* Note : Clock rate should match the line-side data-rate/clock. Exact core frequencies depend on actual application.
• Fully compliant with G.7041
• Supports one channel with up to 256 logical channels based on Channel Identifier (CID)
• Supports mapping of generic client packet data e.g. Ethernet, MPLS
• Supports up to 2.5G transmission rates (10M/100M/1G/1.25G/2.5G)
• GFP IDLEs are optionally inserted to facilitate rate adaptation or when client data is not available
• Configurable GFP Header fields
• Programmable core header, payload header, and extension header single bit error correction
• Programmable per channel payload frame check sequence (pFCS) insertion and processing
• Programmable extension header insertion per logical channel with error control field insertion and processing
• Programmable payload area scrambling
• Input port allows custom management frame generation
• Out-of-band SSF/CSF/FDI/RDI/DCI signals on the client interface
• In-band generation and detection of CSF/FDI/RDI/DCI management frames on line side interface
• Received payload header values are captured in software readable registers
• Generic FIFO-like client side interface
• Line side interface connects seamlessly to Precise-ITC OTUK wrapper or to a generic FIFO-like Interface
• 8-bit data width and supports up to core frequency of 350MHz depending on line side requirement. Please refer to Table 1.
• Easy “plug and play” setup!
• Automatic 8, 12 or 64 byte Management Frame generation options
• Software generated Client Management frames and Management Communication frames
• Optional processor interface with 32-bit registers
• Per channel Counters TX: frames sent, idle frames sent, client management frames sent
• Per channel Counters RX: received frames, received idle frames, received client management frames, core header single-bit errors, core header multi-bit errors, payload header single-bit errors, payload FCS errors, extension header single-bit errors, extension header multi-bit errors
• 10M/100M into GFP-F to OC1/STM-0 or OC3/STM-1
• GE into GFP-F to ODU0/OC24
• 1.25G into GFP-F to ODU0/OC24
• 2GE into GFP-F to ODU1/OC48/STM-16