Job Title: Senior ASIC_FPGA Engineer
Precise-ITC is a leading full-service provider of network communication Intellectual Property (IP) core for ASIC and FPGA design. We provide professional technical consulting services including standard-based IPs, Network SoCs, and turnkey design services for ASIC and FPGA. The IP products cover a wide range of off-the-shelf IP cores from 10M to 1.6T for applications in high-speed communication, automobile, datacenter, wireless/5G networks connectivity, AI, cloud computing, and optical transport networks (OTN).
Conveniently located in Ottawa – the heart of Silicon Valley North, Precise-ITC has been proudly serving the industry since 2003.
The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in FPGA or ASIC development which must include both design and verification. The candidate will work within a team responsible for the development of OTN / Ethernet Intellectual Property (IP) with the responsibility of both RTL design and verification.
- Contribute to design, architecture and specifications of the ASICs, FPGAs and IP blocks
- Verify, debug and help productize ASICs, FPGAs and IP blocks
- Develop and execute individual test-cases against the RTL
- Architect verification and test infrastructure for highly complex ASIC and SoC designs using the latest simulation and debugging tools
- Develop and document the verification environment using SystemVerilog + UVM
- Working with our external customers and/or internal engineers to verify, validate and deliver their designs for use in OTN / Ethernet FPGAs or ASICs
- Lead ASIC or FPGA projects and mentor junior engineers
- Have the knowledge of telecommunications protocol (OTN transport systems, Sonet, Ethernet, etc)
- Solid experience in RTL coding Verilog/VHDL
- Experienced in SystemVerilog+UVM
- Experienced with FPGA compilation tools
- Experience with design and verification tools like Vivado/Quartus
- Excellent ability to use Randomised and Directed Verification Methodologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Experience with source code revisioning systems, e.g. SVN, CVS, RCS
- Experience with PERL, TCL, Python, and C/C++ programming, an asset
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to balance good design quality while meeting tight deadlines
- Resolves issues in creative ways and exercises independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and/or equivalent
- MSEE with 8 year of experience or BSEE with 9 years of experience in ASIC or FPGA development
To apply, please send your CV and resume to email@example.com
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.