Nx100G FlexE SHIM IP Core
The Precise-ITC FlexE SHIM IP core (FlexE SHIM) is cutting edge solution to the Ethernet application. It integrates seamlessly with Precise-ITC’s MC MAC Core and provides a total multi-channel MAC and FlexE solution for data center connectivity. The FlexE SHIM IP Core supports the OIF FlexE 2.1/2.0 /1.1/ 1.0 layer functions.
The FlexE SHIM Core supports 25G or 5G bandwidth/subcalendar slot increment each as per 100G FlexE instance as specified in standard FlexE 2.1/2.0/1.1 / 1.0 implementation agreement. Our FlexE 2.0 SHIM Core is extendable for 200GE and 400GE to support the next generation higher rate PCS with 25G calendar slot.
Through our proprietary Super FlexE Extension, our FlexE SHIM Core also supports 1G, 1.25G and 2.5G calendar slots. Lower than 5G calendar slot is only available for 100GE and below.
- Support bandwidth/subcalendar slot of 5G/s or 25G/s with optional 1G/1.25G/2.5G slot with super-flexe extension
- Support any-rate MAC client at N x 5G/s rate where N depends on the maximum bandwidth FlexE SHIM Core
- Support total aggregated bandwidth of Nx100G (e.g. 100G, 200G and 400G )
- Support 4 / 20 active MAC clients per each 100G FlexE Instance
- Support up to 256 logical MAC clients
- Parameterizable MAC channel Storage
- Programmable FlexE Calendar Assignment
- Programmable PHY ID assignment
- Programmable MAC channel mapping
- Programmable FlexE OH Frame and Multi-frame
- Error Control Insertion per unused/unavailable calendar slot in TX
- Support dynamic change in calendar assignment in TX
- RX Calendar and OH Frame/Multiframe extraction
- Automatic adapting to change in calendar assignment in RX
- Automatic LF generation toward MAC clients upon PCS/PHY failure, loss of OH frame lock or multi-frame lock.
- Calendar/Mac client/channel extraction control
- Support backup Calendar channel extraction upon OH frame loss of lock or loss of multi-frame lock
- Support last known good calendar channel extraction upon OH frame loss of lock or loss of multi-frame lock
- Support external OH insert bus and OH extract bus for management channels such as China Mobile SPN OAM, 1588 and sync messages etc
- Support 1G, 2.5G, 5G and 25G bandwidth calendar slot for 100GE, 50GE, and 25GE
- Support up to 100 channels per 1G increment, 80 channels per 1.25G increment or 20 channels per 5G/s increment per EACH 100G FlexE instance
- Support up to 256 logical MAC channels/clients
- Support N x 100 FlexE instance for B100G / N x 100G, 200G and 400G application
- Support aggregated bandwidth from 100G to 400G* (for FPGA) or 1.6T (for ASIC)
- Support specially optimized core for 200GE and 400GE PHY
- Support additional PCS/PHY types :
- 25GE, 50GE
- 100GE, 200GE and 400GE
- Support OTN-mapper port for FlexE IMP mapping onto ODUFLEX (OTN application)
*50GE PHY support is being offered as “proprietary feature” to support China Mobile SPN/FlexE extension.
The following illustrates a 200G aggregated bandwidth FlexE application. The MAC client is integrated with Precise-ITC Multi-channnel MAC and the Serdes, and can be either 400GE, 200GE, 100GE, 50GE, or 25GE. The FlexE SHIM collects an aggregated up to 200G of MAC data and distributes across the Serdes.
- IEEE 802.3-2015
- IEEE 802.3bs-2017 (200GE & 400GE)
- IEEE 802.3cd-D3.0 (50GE)
- OIF-FLEXE-1.0/1.1 IA
- OIF-FLEXE-2.0 IA
- China Mobile SPN specification