10G-800G Ethernet/FiberChannel/ FlexO Core
The 10G-800G Multi-channel Multi-rate Ethernet/FiberChannel/FlexO Core (Epak800G_ZX) Core from Precise-ITC is a multi-rate Ethernet aggregator that supports tributaries from 800GE, to 1GE. It is our 3rd generation of Epak solution utilizing the 112G/s serdes and 56G/s serdes.
The supported ethernet protocols are 800GE, 400GE, 200GE, 100GE, 50GE, 40GE, 25GE, 10GE, 1GE, and 256GFC, 128GFC, 64GFC, 32GFC, 16GFC, 10GFC as well as FEC framing of FlexO-1/2/4-SR and OTU25/50-RS. It supports any legal combination of Ethernet/Fiberchannel/FlexO rate up to 800G. This Core supports up to a maximum of 8 ethernet channel and works most effective and efficient with latest 112G/s serdes. With Core clock frequency of 1.6GHz at 7nm or 5nm, this Core delivers smallest footprint among similar solution in the Ethernet/Fiberchannel/ FlexO SOC market.
The Core supports 800GE which uses a full 800GE MAC and a pair of “bonded” 2 x 400GE PCS. The 800GE takes advantage of 112G/s serdes and uses virtual logical lanes in a “bonded” 2 x 400GE PCS. This improves power efficiency in 800G operation. The 800GE is compliant to the Ethernet Technology Consortium Standard.
The north-bound interface from the multi-channel MAC provides a configurable system interface. The Multi-channel MAC manages the mapping between individual MACs and the assigned I/O or I/O group.
The southbound interface is mapped (at the PMA layer) to the on-chip SERDES. The core is responsible for channel alignment and FEC (where applicable).
- Combines Ethernet streams at a variety of rates to a single multi-channel interface at the MAC
- The Epak800G_ZX allows access connections supporting 1GE, 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE, 200GE, 400GE, and 800GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 800Gbps
- Support IEEE 802.3 required FEC variances – LL FEC RS (272,258), KR4 FEC RS (528,514), KP4 FEC RS (544,514), FC FEC (2112,2080)
- Support all IEEE802.3 PCS, FEC, and MAC statistics and alarms, and more
- Supports HiGig, HiGig+ and HiGig-Lite
- Dynamically change rate on any port without affecting existing traffic
- Ethernet Technology Consortium 800GE supports with bonded 2 x 400GE PCS and a single 800G MAC
- Fully utilize the advantages of 112G serdes to get highest possible port density per 800G.
- Provide OTN, FlexE, FlexO, OTU25/50-RS, xGFC access ports
- Optional FC1200 to 256GFC FC2 Monitoring
- Ultra low latency and power efficient FEC engine
- Support 1588, 802.1Qbb (PFC) and 802.3br express traffic (TSN).
- High-density routers for data centers
- Telecom/5G wireless
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Access switches
Table 1: Example Configurations of PCS Core
|PCS Channel Type||
with 16 x 56G Serdes Config
with 8 x 112G Serdes Config
|KP4 FEC||KR4 FEC||FC FEC||No FEC|
|1GBASE-X / SGMII / 100M /10M||16||8||X|
Cell Area : call for detail
Gate count : call for detail
TX/RX round trip latency from MAC User Interface: call for detail
- Specially designed for telecom application and service provider ASICs
- OTN (66b) mapping ports
- FlexE access ports
- FlexO-1/2/4-SR, OTU25 /50-RS framing and access ports
- Multiple level timestamp and UDP checksum update
- High precision timestamp accuracy
- Feature-rich SW programmability
- Multiple MAC client access ports