10G-400G Ethernet/FiberChannel/FlexO Core
The 10G-400G Multi-channel Multi-rate Ethernet/FiberChannel/FlexO Core (Epak400G_ZX) core from Precise-ITC is a multi-channel multi-rate Ethernet aggregator that supports tributaries at 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE, 200GE, and 400GE in combinations up to 100GE for the Epak100G_ZX, 200GE for the Epak200G_ZX or 400GE for the Epak400_ZX.
The Epak 400G_ZX cores provide FlexE 2.1/2.0/1.1/1.0 functionality as an add-on option and implement multi-rate Ethernet PCS and MAC. This versatile device allows users to add or drop sub-channels (for example 10GE) or merge channels (for example 4x25G = 100GE). These dynamic changes do not affect traffic on existing channels.
The north-bound interface from the multi-channel MAC provides a configurable system interface. The Multi-channel MAC manages the mapping between individual MACs and the assigned I/O or I/O group.
The southbound interface is mapped (at the PMA layer) to the on-chip SERDES. The core is responsible for channel alignment and FEC (where applicable).
- Combines Ethernet streams at a variety of rates to a single multi-channel interface at the MAC
- The Epak100G_ZX allows access connections supporting 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, and 100GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 200Gbps
- The Epak200G_ZX allows access connections supporting 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE and 200GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 200Gbps
- The Epak400G_ZX allows access connections supporting 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE, 200GE and 400GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 400Gbps
- Dynamically change rate on any port without affecting existing traffic
- Off-the-shelf, proven technology implementation in FPGAs and ASIC SOC
- Tested and interoperability-proven against Spirent and Viavi test equipment
Supported Ethernet Protocols and Rates
- Supports any ethernet combinations (table 1) to maximum data-rate of the device (100G, 200G or 400G)
- Fully compatible with IEEE 802.3 2018 and IEEE 802.3 Standards
- Support all IEEE802.3 PCS, FEC, and MAC statistics and alarms, and more
- UltraLow latency and area efficient FEC Core supports LL FEC RS(272,258), KP4 FEC RS(544,514), KR4 FEC RS(528,514) and FC FEC RS(2112,2080)
- Support HiGig, HiGig+ and HiGig-lite
- Support FlexE, OTN, FlexO, OTU25/50-RS, xGFC access ports
- Support 10GFC to 256GFC Monitoring
- Supports 1588v2 time stamps and full error handling
- Supports 802.3br interspersing express traffic and 802.1Qbb priority flow control (PFC)
- Flexible FlexE 2.1/2.0/1.1/1.0 core Add-on
- High-density routers for data centers
- Telecom/5G wireless
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Access switches
High-Speed Communication Core
All Precise-ITC cores have been tested on both Intel/Altera and Xilinx FPGA hardware. Precise-ITC partners with leading test equipment vendors like Spirent and Viavi to prove interoperability. SOC cores have been implemented with ASIC/FPGA partners using the latest technology nodes.
Precise-ITC cores are designed for efficiency. Built-in data buffers are efficiently implemented to reduce overall delay through the data path. Variable delay (or jitter) is tightly managed to ensure 1588v2 time-stamp accuracy. Precise-ITC can provide simulation models and routable RTL along with detailed interface documentation. Contact Precise-ITC for more information.