10G-1.6T Ethernet/FiberChannel/FlexO Core
The 10G-1.6T Multi-channel Multi-rate Ethernet/FiberChannel/FlexO Core (Epak1p6T_ZX) from Precise-ITC is a multi-rate Ethernet aggregator that supports tributaries from 800GE, to 1GE. It is our 5th generation of Epak solution utilizing the 112G/s serdes and 56G/s serdes. The Epak 1p6T_ZX IP Core consists of Epak 1p6TMulti-channel and Multi-rate PCS and MAC Cores.
The supported ethernet protocols are 800GE, 400GE, 200GE, 100GE, 50GE, 40GE, 25GE, 10GE, 1GE, and 256GFC, 128GFC, 64GFC, 32GFC, 16GFC, 10GFC as well as FEC framing of FlexO-1/2/4-SR and OTU25/50-RS. It supports any legal combination of Ethernet/Fiberchannel/FlexO rate up to 2x 800G (1.6T). This Core supports up to a maximum of 16 or 32 ethernet channels and works most effective and efficient with latest 112G/s serdes. With Core clock frequency of 800MHz to 1.6GHz at 7nm or 5nm, this Core delivers smallest footprint among similar solution in the Ethernet/Fiberchannel/FlexO SOC market.
The Core supports 800GE which uses a full 800GE MAC and a pair of “bonded” 2 x 400GE PCS. The 800GE takes advantage of 112G/s serdes and uses virtual logical lanes in a “bonded” 2 x 400GE PCS. This improves power efficiency in 800G operation. The 800GE is compliant to the Ethernet Technology Consortium Standard.
The north-bound interface from the multi-channel MAC provides a configurable system interface. The Multi-channel MAC manages the mapping between individual MACs and the assigned I/O or I/O group.
The southbound interface is mapped (at the PMA layer) to the on-chip SERDES. The core is responsible for channel alignment and FEC (where applicable).
- Digital Crossbar among all serdes lanes in both TX and RX direction in the serdes Mux/Demux
- Combines Ethernet streams at a variety of rates to a single multi-channel interface at the MAC
- The Epak1p6T_ZX allows access connections supporting 1GE*, 10GE, 25GE, 40GE, 50GE, 100GE, 200GE, 400GE and 800GE in any combination on any port or groups of ports to a maximum total bandwidth of 1.6Tbps
- Support IEEE 802.3 required FEC variances – LL FEC RS(272, 258), KR4 FEC RS (528,514), KP4 FEC RS (544,514), FC FEC (2112,2080)
- Support all IEEE802.3 PCS, FEC, and MAC statistics and alarms, and more
- Support HiGig, HiGig+ and HiGig-lite
- Dynamically change rate on any port without affecting existing traffic
- Standard ETC 800GE supports with bonded 2 x 400GE PCS and a single 800G MAC
- Fully utilize the advantages of 112G serdes to get highest possible port density per 800G.
- Provide OTN, FlexE, FlexO, OTU25/50-RS, xGFC access ports (Optional add-on)
- Optional10GFC to 256GFC Monitoring
- Ultralow latency and power efficient FEC Core
- Support 1588, 802.1Qbb (PFC) and 802.3br express traffic (TSN).
- High-density routers for data centers
- Telecom/5G wireless
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Access switches
|PCS Channel Type||Num Channel(s)|
with 16 x 112G Serdes Config
|KP4 FEC||KR4 FEC||FC FEC||No FEC|
|1GBASE-X / SGMII / 100M /10M||16||X|
Cell Area : call
Gate count : call
TX/RX round trip latency from MAC User Interface : call
- Specially designed for telecom application and service provider ASICs
- OTN(66b) mapping ports
- FlexE access ports
- xGFC access ports
- FlexO-1/2/4-SR, OTU25/50-RS framing and access ports
- Multiple level timestamp and UDP checksum update
- High precision timestamp accuracy
- Feature-rich SW programmability
- Multiple MAC client access ports